Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Epidarus

Today we went to Epidarus (note the title), which was pretty cool. We got to see the theater at Epidarus (quite an original name for a theater- I applaud the ancient Greeks). I thought the acoustics were pretty cool, how a person could stand at the very top of the theater and hear everything being said on the ground. Though honestly, nothing compares to the view. I love the mountains (and as I have already said, the colors). It is so beautiful here... Words and even pictures just don't do the country justice.



Having grown up in the skinny culture, I have always loved the classical depiction of women. I doubt there are any women in today's society that aren't affected in some way by the skinny culture, which is ridiculous. The Greek style of art and sculpture, even in its most perfectionistic moments, appreciates the human form for what it is and not what people think it should be. I love that.


Today was also my creeper photographer day. Though I took a TON of pictures, these two are my favorite (all of the others will end up on facebook, I promise). And can I just say how downright odd and nasty it is to have to throw away used toilet paper? Ewwwwwww -shudder-

No comments:

Post a Comment