Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Athens and the delicious food of Greece

Let me start off by saying the the Parthenon is freaking epic, and I think everyone should see this amazing structure at some point. Of course, it would have been nice to see the Parthenon sans construction, but apparently they have to periodically restore the structure. Which makes sense, I suppose, since it has been around for well over two thousand years.

The view from the Acropolis was AMAZING. Absolutely amazing. I can not get over how clean everything is here. Even the dirty stuff seems clean. I never would have been able to see that much from that high in the US, because of the pollution.

The food here is fantastic, but of course we already knew it would be. The three of us have decided that olive oil is the "sweat of the gods" and I will never be able to go back to Starbucks without an internal sigh of disappointment, remembering the amazing Greek espresso.

For now, words will have to do. The internet connections have been too slow to upload pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment